What is The Cheapest DStv Package?
If you have been searching for What is The Cheapest DStv Package?, dstv subscription prices, dstv family bouquet, dstv access bouquet, dstv family package channels in nigeria, dstv subscription packages, dstv packages and channels in nigeria, dstv compact channels nigeria, dstv packages in nigeria 2019, then you are in the right place.
The majority of subscribers are in South Africa and Nigeria, with Kenya, Ghana, Angola, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Uganda, Mauritius, Mozambique, Malawi, Tanzania, Lesotho, Ethiopia, the Republic of the Congo, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Gabon, Swaziland and Botswana additionally served by the company.
- 1986 – Pay-television came to South Africa when an analogue, single-channel service, M-Net, was launched by Naspers. For almost seven years, all M-Net’s operations were handled by a single company.
- 1993 – Naspers created a subsidiary company, Multichoice, which was to handle the business arm of M-Net, such as decoder sales, subscriber services and account management.
- 1995 – Multichoice announced that it was launching a new digital, satellite service in South Africa and, on 6 October 1995, DStv was officially activated to subscribers. The original selection of channels besides M-Net and SABC included MGM, Turner Classic Movies, TNT, Sci-Fi Universal, SuperSport, ESPN, SelecTV, Travel Channel, KTV, Cartoon Network, BBC World News, CNN International, Sky News, Rhema Network, MTV, VH1 and TV5Monde.
- 2000 – Launch of W4 Eutelsat satellite with Ku-band services to sub-Saharan Africa and the Indian Ocean Islands.
- 2002 – Launch of Interactive Television.
- 2003 – Dual View decoder launched.
- 2005 – The DStv PVR decoder and DStv Compact is launched. DStv Premium subscribers in South Africa cross the 1 million mark.
- 2008 – Launch of DStv’s first High Definition decoder the HD PVR, XtraView and the first HD channel, M-Net HD.
- 2010 – DVB over IP (Digital Video Broadcast over Internet Protocol) and DStv on Demand service launched, as well as the HD PVR 2P and M-Net Movies 1 HD.
- 2011 – DStv BoxOffice & DStv Mobile launched.
- 2013 – DStv subscribers across Africa reach 6.7 million, with 4.5 million within South Africa Explora PVR launched.
- 2015 – Dstv launches two Indian channels Zee World and Glow that have Indian shows dubbed in English.
- 2017 – DStv subscribers reach 11.9 million, while average revenue per user for personal video recorder (PVR) decoders decline slightly.
- 2018 – Dstv launches English Indian channel Star Life
- 2018 – DStv reaches 13.5 million customers across Sub-Saharan Africa, with 7 million subscribers alone in South Africa.
- 2018 – DStv PVR decoders reach 1.4 million.
HD channels currently available on DSTV include, SuperSport HD 11, SuperSport HD 12, SuperSport HD 3, MNET West HD, MMET Premium HD, iConcert HD, and Discovery HD Showcase. HD offers crisp and bright pictures as well as crystal clear sound.
Barclays English Premier League is available on DSTV. So, if you want to watch the whole 380 matches live, you are better off with pay TV service. However, to be able to view all SuperSport channels that show the Barclays Premier league in Nigeria, you have to subscribe for the DSTV Premium package, which goes for N13,980/month.
The Pay TV service also has a cheaper option for sports lovers. The DSTV Compact Plus package, which shows 90% English Premier league matches, sports coverage, as well as all channels available in the DSTV Compact bouquet. Compact Plus goes for 9,420 Naira monthly.
The Compact package recently introduced some more sports channels.
Cheapest DStv Package
The cheapest DSTV package is DSTV ACCESS.
Cheapest Package Price
DSTV Access is N1,800 per month
DSTV Access bouquet offers over 45 channels mostly local and international TV channels, like AIT, SilverBird, Channels, NTA I, SuperSport BLITZ, Magic World, Al jezeera, Mindset Learn, E Entertainment, Africa Magic (World, Hausa & Yoruba only) and so on.
CNN, BBC, and MNET channels are missing in this package the last time we checked. The Access plan now has Audio channels.
The Access package is an entry-level cable package. HD channels are not available on this package. DSTV Access installation cost is about 15,900 Naira the last time we checked
That’s the much we can take on the topic “What is The Cheapest DStv Package?”.
Thanks For Reading