We are aware that severla of you have been searching for answers regarding Nigerian Visa To Panama | How Nigerians Can Get a Visa to Panama, panama visa nairaland, address of panama embassy in nigeria, how to apply for panama visa, panama embassy in abuja address, life in panama nairaland, panama transit visa for nigeria, panama embassy in africa, panama visa free countries and we have decided to do a comprehensive article on it .
Officially the Republic of Panama is a country in Central America, bordered by Costa Rica to the west, Colombia to the southeast, the Caribbean Sea to the north, and the Pacific Ocean to the south. The capital and largest city is Panama City, whose metropolitan area is home to nearly half the country’s 4 million people.
Panama was inhabited by indigenous tribes before Spanish colonists arrived in the 16th century. It broke away from Spain in 1821 and joined the Republic of Gran Colombia, a union of Nueva Granada, Ecuador, and Venezuela. After Gran Colombia dissolved in 1831, Panama and Nueva Granada eventually became the Republic of Colombia. With the backing of the United States, Panama seceded from Colombia in 1903, allowing the construction of the Panama Canal to be completed by the US Army Corps of Engineers between 1904 and 1914. The 1977 Torrijos–Carter Treaties led to the transfer of the Canal from the United States to Panama on December 31, 1999.
Revenue from canal tolls continues to represent a significant portion of Panama’s GDP, although commerce, banking, and tourism are major and growing sectors. It is regarded as a high-income country. In 2015 Panama ranked 60th in the world in terms of the Human Development Index.
Since 2010, Panama has been the second-most competitive economy in Latin America, according to the World Economic Forum‘s Global Competitiveness Index. Covering around 40 percent of its land area, Panama’s jungles are home to an abundance of tropical plants and animals – some of them found nowhere else on the planet. Panama is a founding member of the United Nations and other international organizations such as OAS, LAIA, G77, WHO and NAM.
Nigerian Visa To Panama
Panama is a country on the isthmus linking Central and South America. The Panama Canal, a famous feat of human engineering, cuts through its center, linking the Atlantic and Pacific oceans to create an essential shipping route. Panama City is its capital, and is characterized by modern skyscrapers, casinos and nightclubs contrast with colonial buildings in the Casco Viejo district and the rainforest of Natural Metropolitan Park.
It is bordered by Costa Rica to the west, Colombia (in South America) to the southeast, the Caribbean Sea to the north and the Pacific Ocean to the south. The dominant feature of Panama’s geography is the central spine of mountains and hills that forms the continental divide.
Panama’s wildlife holds the most diversity of all the countries in Central America. The official language spoken is Spanish, and the currencies in use are the United States Dollar and the Panamanian balboa.
Types of Visa to Panama
There are several visa types that can be granted to travelers who wish to get into Panama, and this depends on the purpose of the travel.
- Tourist Visa
- Business Visa
- Transit Visa
- Student Visa
- Work Visa
Where to Go
There seem to be no Panamanian embassy in Nigeria, but Panama has treaties with several countries (Austria, Australia, Bahamas, Mexico, Portugal, United Kingdom, United States, etc.) and so a valid visa issued from one of such countries would grant you access into Panama. You could get a USA visa.
United States of America Embassy in Abuja
United States of America Consulate in Lagos
Address: 2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos
Phone: +234-1460-3400, +234-1460-3600
Fax: +234-1261-2218, +234-1261-9856
Email: [email protected]
Here are the required documents needed to apply for a USA business visa, which can be used to access Panama.
- A barcoded confirmation page from the DS-160 online nonimmigrant visa application form that can be obtained only after applicants answer all questions completely and digitally sign and submit the DS-160 form over the Internet
- Two passport (5cm x 5cm) photographs with full face forward against a white background taken within the last six months.
- Appointment confirmation letter from CGI website
- International passport with validity exceeding the expected return date, with at least two blank pages.
- Copy of the passports data sheet (page on which the photo is located).
- Copies of your previous visas (if any).
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to USA and itinerary.
- Flight Itinerary with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from USA.
- Health Insurance. Proof of health insurance covering international travel.
- Hotel reservation for the duration of the intended stay in Panama.
- A proof of your civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse if applicable).
- Proof of legal stay (if the application is not presented in the country of origin).
- Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in USA.
- If you will be receiving financial support from a host or other sponsor in USA, their bank statement would be required. Please provide a copy of that individual’s bank statement.
- Original Business letter, signed by the inviting company on the company letter paper, providing information about the travel purpose, specifying the type and desired validity of the visa.
- Proof of previous trade relations between the two companies, if any exists.
- Certificate of employment (if employed).
- If you are retired please submit proof of your retirement fund.
- A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel (if employed).
- Trade register excerpt or the like (for self-employed).
- Bank statement for the last 6 months.
- Proof of group travel (if the travel is going to done in a group).
- Trade License (first issued and present renewal).
- Visa fees for visa
According to each individual case the competent embassy may request for additional documentation.
For further information, and all types of visas, please call or visit the U.S embassy in Nigeria.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Nigerian Visa To Panama | How Nigerians Can Get a Visa to Panama”.
Thanks For Reading