How Many SuperSport Channels are on DStv Compact?
How Many SuperSport Channels are on DStv Compact?
If you have been searching for How Many SuperSport Channels are on DStv Compact?, dstv compact channels nigeria, dstv compact channels 2019, dstv compact plus channels list 2018, dstv compact channels list 2019, dstv compact channels list nigeria, dstv compact channels list 2018, dstv access channels, dstv family package channels in nigeria, then you are in the right place.
The majority of subscribers are in South Africa and Nigeria, with Kenya, Ghana, Angola, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Uganda, Mauritius, Mozambique, Malawi, Tanzania, Lesotho, Ethiopia, the Republic of the Congo, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Gabon, Swaziland and Botswana additionally served by the company.
- 1986 – Pay-television came to South Africa when an analogue, single-channel service, M-Net, was launched by Naspers. For almost seven years, all M-Net’s operations were handled by a single company.
- 1993 – Naspers created a subsidiary company, Multichoice, which was to handle the business arm of M-Net, such as decoder sales, subscriber services and account management.
- 1995 – Multichoice announced that it was launching a new digital, satellite service in South Africa and, on 6 October 1995, DStv was officially activated to subscribers. The original selection of channels besides M-Net and SABC included MGM, Turner Classic Movies, TNT, Sci-Fi Universal, SuperSport, ESPN, SelecTV, Travel Channel, KTV, Cartoon Network, BBC World News, CNN International, Sky News, Rhema Network, MTV, VH1 and TV5Monde.
- 2000 – Launch of W4 Eutelsat satellite with Ku-band services to sub-Saharan Africa and the Indian Ocean Islands.
- 2002 – Launch of Interactive Television.
- 2003 – Dual View decoder launched.
- 2005 – The DStv PVR decoder and DStv Compact is launched. DStv Premium subscribers in South Africa cross the 1 million mark.
- 2008 – Launch of DStv’s first High Definition decoder the HD PVR, XtraView and the first HD channel, M-Net HD.
- 2010 – DVB over IP (Digital Video Broadcast over Internet Protocol) and DStv on Demand service launched, as well as the HD PVR 2P and M-Net Movies 1 HD.
- 2011 – DStv BoxOffice & DStv Mobile launched.
- 2013 – DStv subscribers across Africa reach 6.7 million, with 4.5 million within South Africa Explora PVR launched.
- 2015 – Dstv launches two Indian channels Zee World and Glow that have Indian shows dubbed in English.
- 2017 – DStv subscribers reach 11.9 million, while average revenue per user for personal video recorder (PVR) decoders decline slightly.
- 2018 – Dstv launches English Indian channel Star Life
- 2018 – DStv reaches 13.5 million customers across Sub-Saharan Africa, with 7 million subscribers alone in South Africa.
- 2018 – DStv PVR decoders reach 1.4 million.
HD channels currently available on DSTV include, SuperSport HD 11, SuperSport HD 12, SuperSport HD 3, MNET West HD, MMET Premium HD, iConcert HD, and Discovery HD Showcase. HD offers crisp and bright pictures as well as crystal clear sound.
Barclays English Premier League is available on DSTV. So, if you want to watch the whole 380 matches live, you are better off with pay TV service. However, to be able to view all SuperSport channels that show the Barclays Premier league in Nigeria, you have to subscribe for the DSTV Premium package, which goes for N13,980/month.
The Pay TV service also has a cheaper option for sports lovers. The DSTV Compact Plus package, which shows 90% English Premier league matches, sports coverage, as well as all channels available in the DSTV Compact bouquet. Compact Plus goes for 9,420 Naira monthly.
The Compact package recently introduced some more sports channels.
Channels are on DStv Compact
- MNET Action
- Studio Universal (formally Hallmark and Universal Channel)
- Africa Magic
- Africa Magic Hausa
- Africa Magic Yoruba
- Africa Magic Igbo
- All Africa Magic channels except Africa Magic Showcase
- E Entertainment
- Fashion TV
- Discovery World
- National Geographic channel
- Mindset Learn
- BBC (World, Entertainment)
- CNBC Africa
- NTA International
- National Geographic Wild
- Sound City
- One Gospel
- Channels TV
- Silverbird TV
- Islam Channel
- Sony Entertainment
- and so much more (over 100 channels
SuperSport Channels are on DStv Compact
DSTV Compact Plus is a package from Multichoice targeted at sports lovers. DStv Compact PLUS features all channels in the DSTV Compact bouquet in addition to eight SuperSport channels. It is aimed at giving Sports lovers in Nigeria and across Africa access to premium sports at a more affordable price than is possible with the DSTV Premium package. Multichoice is offering DSTV Compact Plus at a price of N9,420 monthly, 3,420 NGN more than the DSTV Compact package and 4,560 Naira below the DSTV Premium bouquet.
SuperSport channels currently on the DSTV Compact Plus include the SuperSport Blitz, SuperSport 3, Super sport 5 and 6, SuperSport 7, SuperSport 9, SuperSport 11, SuperSport 12, SuperSport Select, and SuperSport Select 2.
Note that though DSTV recently beefed-up the DSTV Compact package with more sports channels, the SuperSport 7 and SuperSport 3 are the two channels in Compact Plus that are missing in the Compact bouquet.
DSTV Compact Plus offers over 100 TV channels covering news, movies, music, religion, kids, documentaries, and of course sports. Sports coverage is the major difference between the DSTV Compact bouquet and the Compact Plus package.
SuperSport 7 promises coverage of rugby, golf, cricket, tennis, football, athletics, boxing and motorsport. However, the big one is SuperSport 10 which will offer 90% English Premier League coverage and 10% French League coverage.
This line up increases the range of sport available and now includes football coverage of up to 90% of the English Premier League, the French League, Bundesliga, PSL, Spanish La Liga as well as rugby, golf, tennis, athletics, boxing and motorsport.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “How Many SuperSport Channels are on DStv Compact?”.
Thanks For Reading